So, you've had your fill of girlfriend trips filled with partying, getting your drink on, and hitting the hottest spots. For your next vacation, whether solo or with a friend or partner, you want to take it easy, de-stress, and find some inner peace. If a getaway focused on mindfulness, self-care, and your mental and physical well-being sounds like just what you need, you might consider a women's retreat. Maybe you're into chakras, astrocartography, or life path numbers, or perhaps you just want to commune with nature. Whatever your intention, wellness retreats for women can be found across the U.S. and internationally with a wide range of focuses.
"I took the dive into women’s retreats last year and now I can honestly say I’m addicted. I’m impatiently waiting for the next one after attending my first women’s retreat in 2022, held in Albania, by Alyne Tamir of Dear Alyne Retreats," says Kashlee Kucheran, CEO of Travel Off Path. Kucheran stayed in a villa with 12 other female entrepreneurs who were all strangers at first. By the trip's end, they had become close friends. "We swapped business advice, scaling secrets, best practices, and taught each other valuable workshops on our own expertise." Since then, Kucheran has done two more retreats: one on healthy eating, healing, emotions, and self esteem; and the other on emotions, fears, and body shame.
Interested in rest and relaxation or discovering new things about yourself? There are different kinds of women's wellness retreats out there for you to experience. Ahead, you'll find 14 of our favorites.
Carillon Miami in Miami, Florida
Carillon Miami Wellness Resort offers a Serenity & Renewal Retreat for women who want to take a break and go on a mindful journey through holistic experiences. During your stay, you can partake in facials, body massages, body treatments, personal training, yoga, and touchless wellness treatments.
I was lucky enough to visit Carillon recently, and I can confidently say it was a life-changing experience. Although the hotel is based in vibrant Miami, you'll get a sense of calm brought on by the soft sand and serene water of Miami Beach right outside your door, as well as the welcoming staff and exceptional accommodations.
With spacious rooms equipped like a luxury apartment, a relaxing spa with robust offerings, cabanas and loungers poolside and beachside with food and beverage service, and two fabulous restaurants on site, you won't have to leave the premises so you can fully immerse yourself in your wellness process. I highly recommend the short ribs fagottini with creamy black truffle sauce at The Strand, where I happily ate almost all my meals daily.
I watched the sunrise on the beach while a group of women nearby meditated together. Every day, several fitness and wellness sessions are offered by skilled instructors for a guided experience if you don't want to go it alone.
During my stay, I took in a budget-friendly V.E.M.I. treatment (which stands for VibroAcoustic, ElectroMagnetic & Infrared) that uses technology, healing sounds, full-body vibrations, natural earth frequencies, and infrared to put me in a meditative state while eliminating the effects caused by electro-smog radiation and detoxifying cells. I fell sound asleep. Booking any session at their spa also means you can take advantage of the thermal hydrotherapy circuit on site to stimulate circulation, relieve pain, decrease stress, and rejuvenate the body. Simply move from one station to the next during your spa day and relax.
These are some of the other touchless wellness treatments available on demand as single sessions or a series of sessions:
- MindSpa by Synctuition: A MindSpa booth that promotes tranquility via a zero-gravity chair in total silence with premium noise-canceling headphones. This treatment is perfect for those who want to clear their minds, heighten focus, and reduce stress.
- BioCharger NG: A cutting-edge mental wellness health optimization platform that transmits energy to stimulate and invigorate the entire body. This treatment is great for those seeking to accelerate muscle recovery, reduce joint stiffness, enhance focus, and optimize the body to perform at peak levels (looking at you, athletes!).
- Wellsystem Wave Massage: Uses dry water massage to relieve tension and retain fitness in a relaxed manner. This treatment is ideal for those seeking a soothing break, increased energy, and heightened health and fitness of the back, neck, shoulders, and legs.
- Indiba Deep Beauty: A unique, non-invasive technology that increases cellular metabolism and rebalances cells without raising the temperature of treated tissue. Aims to improve skin elasticity, increase blood flow, regenerate skin, and decrease fat.
- Visbody: A scanner that generates a high-precision 3D body scan within 10 seconds that provides insights into your physical health, the effectiveness of nutritional and training programs, and muscle-to-fat ratio. This is great for those who want to improve physical health and understand their body composition.
By trip's end, I felt rejuvenated and centered, thanks to the attentive staff who took care of all the little details—from my arrival to my departure and every activity in between. It was exactly the self-care I needed. They made it possible for me, a mom of two with a demanding full-time job, to focus on myself for once.
Best Time To Go: Between March and May.
Price Range: Wellness retreats range from $899 to $2,000 per night.
Book at CarillonHotel.com.
Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa in Tucson, Arizona
Rest, relax, and restore at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa where you can fully immerse yourself in the restorative nature of the Sonoran Desert and Santa Catalina Mountains. The resort’s women-focused programming includes options like: Women's Wellness with Weights strength training class and Pleasure: Women, Sex & Desire discussion session. They also offer a variety of prenatal treatments at their on-property Life in Balance Spa. You’ll also appreciate locally-grown culinary offerings, nature-focused outdoor amenities, spa treatments that infuse desert-grown ingredients, and more.
Best Time To Go: Book your trip during spring or fall when the Arizona temperatures are moderate.
Price Range: Rates are subject to change and are determined based on per-person occupancy, seasonality, and accommodation availability, but you can expect to pay $859+ per guest with a one-room occupancy or $1400+ for two guests.
Book at MiravalResorts.com.
Eupepsia Wellness Resort in Bland, Virginia
Situated in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia, Eupepsia Wellness Resort provides a very personalized wellness experience in an inviting boutique resort. Their all-natural offerings blend traditional time-tested therapies with state-of-the-art future forward treatments. You can tailor your visit based on your individual needs and health goals, including but not limited to addressing insomnia and fatigue, boosting immunity, detoxing, and anti-aging.
Whether you're looking for a very active getaway, want to fully relax, or would like a combination of the two, their wellness experience aims to nurture and calm your nervous system. During your stay, you'll get a sense of community — so don't worry if you'll be traveling alone. You won't feel lonely! Meal times are enjoyed family style in their indoor or outdoor dining areas. You can also go on group hikes organized daily.
For those looking to spend alone time for meditation and reconnecting with yourself, this wellness sanctuary offers beautiful pockets of serenity, from hammocks to seated areas around their pond to their botanical garden. You can also go on solo walks or hikes along the beautiful trails and paths that start right on the property.
Best Time To Go: All seasons are great. Some guests come one season and decide to come back in a different season for a slightly different experience.
Price Range: Varies based on room occupancy, retreat type, and duration.
Book at Bookings.Eupepsia.com.
The Art of Living Retreat Center in Boone, North Carolina
You’ll love this experience for its serene setting surrounded by nature and rejuvenating options that aim to bring you peace and renewal. All-inclusive retreat offerings at The Art of Living Retreat Center tailored for women include:
- Discover Ayurveda Solo Escape: In addition to getting a customized retreat that addresses your specific wellness needs, you’ll receive three 60-minute Ayurveda treatments that support physical, mental, and emotional relaxation, clearing, and restoration. During your experience, you’ll immerse yourself in an ancient time-tested Ayurveda cleansing process. An Ayurveda expert will also offer key insights on your body and mind in a personalized lifestyle consultation.
- Girlfriends Wellness Escape: Gather your girlfriends to partake in Ayurvedic therapies, yoga, meditation, nature trails, and workshops.
- Mother Daughter Wellness Escape: Create new memories and reflect on the past while nurturing your connection. This package is designed to bring balance and harmony to mom and daughter individually and in their relationship through inspiring workshops, Ayurvedic treatments, meditation, yoga, and more while enjoying nutritious food.
- R&R Retreats: You can customize this rest and relaxation experience with a combination of meditation, yoga, outdoor activities, and more. Come solo or with a partner to find peace, eat nourishing food, try Ayurveda treatments and therapies, and find ways to reconnect with your true self — or do nothing at all and just enjoy the premises.
Best Time To Go: While you can visit this retreat center year-round with various retreat packages and all-inclusive wellness escape programs, one of the best times to go is in the fall when the foliage is at its most beautiful in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Price Range: $549 to $1505 per person
Book at ArtofLivingRetreatCenter.org.
Nemacolin in Farmington, Pennsylvania
The transformative Yoga Power Retreat: Discover the Magic of Yoga is from September 15 to 17. Nemacolin's 2,200-acre playground plays host to your regenerative weekend. Join for over 25 restorative, fun, and creative yoga experiences. Their dynamic and unique yoga offerings are designed to uplift the spirit with aerial yoga, bungee fitness, sunset yoga, and more!
Don't worry if you're a beginner yogi, all levels of yoga experience are welcome as are couples, families, and solos looking to experience an active and playful mind-body connection.
Yoga experiences include sunset yoga, wildlife yoga, and yoga dance, just to name a few. In between yoga sessions, you can take advantage of their catalog of spa and wellness experiences at the Woodlands Spa and Salon and at the Holistic Healing Center.
While this yoga retreat is open to both men and women, you can go as a group with your closest girlfriends or female family members to make it a women's getaway.
Best Time To Go: September 15 to 17
Price Range: A full retreat pass is $400, while a la carte pricing is available. Lodging at Nemacolin will be an additional charge and can vary.
Book at Nemacolin.com.
C Lazy U Ranch in Granby, Colorado
Don’t let the name fool you. There’s nothing lazy about this women-only retreat. The luxurious C Lazy U Ranch is surrounded by 8,500 acres of land. We love their horsemanship clinics (there are more than 200 horses on the premises!), guided trail rides, yoga, mindful exercises, and more. During your stay, you’ll enjoy cozy cabin accommodations with wood-burning fireplaces (it’s also TV-free for a true digital detox), gourmet meals and sommelier-curated wine selection, relaxing spa treatments, and various outdoor activities.
Their next women-only retreat is the Ladies and Lassos Cowgirl Getaway (September 10-September 14, 2023). This four-night retreat is complete with daily horseback riding through the fall foliage, a Horses & Happy Hour mingle in the pasture, a traditional western brunch on the trail, and much more.
Best Time To Go: There are a few upcoming events; dates are listed on their website.
Price Range: Double occupancy ranges from $636 to $650 per person, and single occupancy ranges from $745 to $760 per person.
Book at CLazyU.com.
Companhia das Culturas Ecodesign & Spa Hotel in Algarve, Portugal
During this wellness experience, you’ll join Corc Yoga founder Christine Moghadam and cousins, Souljourn Yoga founder Jordan Ashley, and sound practitioner and breath-work facilitator Allison Bagg for an autumn retreat set in beautiful Algarve, Portugal. For 6 nights and 7 days, guests will immerse themselves in self-care and sound surrounded by awe-inspiring beaches, quaint fishing villages, and lush pine forests at a sustainable resort that prides itself in its eco-sensibility. The Companhia das Culturas hotel and spa features a cork box yoga studio, a vegetable garden, a chicken coop, swimming pools, a hammam, and more.
Best Time To Go: November 10 to November 16.
Price Range: A shared room is $2550 and a single is $2950.
Book at WeTravel.com.
Hilton Head Health on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
Hilton Head Health is situated on Hilton Head Island, which is famed for its incredible beaches, world-class golf courses, and Southern charm. Hilton Head Health offers three different wellness retreat programs for women to enjoy:
- LivingWell: 7+ night wellness getaway that provides a blend of wellness education and over 10 fitness classes offered daily, from yoga to TRX and water aerobics.
- ReNew Retreat: Week-long rejuvenation program focused on healing the mind, body and soul, complete with stress-free spa services and island excursions.
- Healthy Getaway: 3- or 4-night getaway to reset both body and mind, allowing guests to kick-start a healthy eating and exercise routine.
When not partaking in wellness treatments and activities, guests can enjoy walks during sunset and sunrise on the island’s 12 miles of white sand beaches and soak in the laidback lowcountry lifestyle.
Best Time To Go: As the summer season is peak season on the Island, the shoulder seasons — spring and fall — offer a great opportunity for guests to enjoy the island’s idyllic backdrop with less crowds.
Price Ranges: LivingWell weekly rates start at $4,224, ReNew Retreat weekly rates start at $4,624, and Healthy Getaway daily rates start at $663 per night.
Book at HHHealth.com.
Mountain Trek in British Columbia, Canada
If you’re looking for a wellness retreat to give a you a reset with a side of adventure, Mountain Trek — located in the lush forests of British Columbia — is the perfect choice for you. This experience offers twice-a-week evening restorative yoga, daily guided hikes, plus other experiences to support guests' nervous systems. These offerings aim to improve sleep during your stay and beyond.
You’ll also benefit from the calming crystal singing bowl, sound therapy sessions, circadian-focused lighting, natural-sound alarm clocks, therapeutic massages, and guided meditation. Hiking during the day will also reduce the stress hormone cortisol, which crushes metabolism, sleep quality, and mental health. Guides will help you focus on the experience while not over-exerting yourself. Upon arrival, your stay will be meticulously designed and personalized by their team of pros targeting a life-changing health journey for you.
Best Time To Go: The retreat is open from the end of April through mid-October. Each season provides different opportunities for a range of trails and scenery, from blooming flowers to fall foliage.
Price Range: A one-week all-inclusive retreat runs around $6,400.
Book at MountainTrek.com.
Punta Mita in Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Surrounded by the Pacific coast, the luxurious Punta Mita resort community is hosting a Shamanic Healing Retreat this June. Guests will be guided by five female shamans through ancient Andean rituals, bioenergetic circuits, and techniques to reconnect with the self and find true balance. Customize your experience by booking a range of ancient therapies developed to reconnect mind, body, and soul — individually or with a group.
Group ceremonies include:
- Four Element Ceremony: A class where you channel the four elements and learn how each moves through the body. Participants will be taught how to be more conscious of this movement and how to connect with it on a deeper level.
- Shamanic Journey—Meet Your Spirit Animal: Workshop where participants will explore the fundamentals of the shamanic journey, meet and learn how to build relationships with their spirit animals, and how to open their intuition to receive guidance from both.
- Diagnosis in Evolutionary Quantum Tarot & Pendulum: A multi-phase experience where participants meditate to calm the mind before a diagnosis of our internal dialogue through quantum tarot. Participants can discover what they’ve discarded and how it hinders them in daily life.
Individual sessions include:
- Shamanic Healing: The uniquely tailored, transformational practice guides participants to align with their heart’s desires. The healer utilizes a variety of techniques including soul and power retrieval, clearing of energy blocks, intuitive healing, and additional shamanic practices.
- Bioenergetic Circuit Ionic Detox + Chi Massage + Chromotherapy: This multi-level treatment introduces a modern, eastern therapy technique of self-detox.
- Tuning Fork Healing: A form of sound healing, tuning forks can be a great tool in addressing and resolving internal problems such as stress or congested energy. In this session, tuning forks are applied to acupuncture points to access the body’s chakras while naturally adjusting our body’s frequency to find total balance.
Best Time To Go: The Shamanic Healing Retreat is from June 3-11, 2023.
Price Range: Punta Mita resort guests can partake in individual experiences for $350 and $200 per person for group ceremonies. Healing plans are also available with a two-day package for $700, inclusive of one individual activity and two group activities, and a five-day package for $900, inclusive of two individual activities and three group activities. Prices don’t include a hotel stay.
Tutka Bay Lodge in Homer, Alaska
Tutka Bay Lodge offers wild cuisine, cooking classes, adventure activities, and ways to explore nature as a part of their wellness program. Their Forest Therapy session incorporates guided hikes in a rainforest or state park where you can immerse yourself in sound bathing for gentle, yet powerful, therapeutic and restorative processes for your mind and body. You can also partake in daily outdoor yoga, as well as meditation (which can even be practiced on a kayak or paddle board for a floating meditative treatment). Their guided intentional breathing program will help you be still, grounded, and reflective.
Other signature offerings at this location include:
- Wilderness Tea Lounge: Guests can gather herbs from the gardens and berries from the forest to make a traditional native Alaska tea that is healthy, healing, and calming.
- Herb and Salt Scrub Treatments: Cleanse with spa products made from herbs and flowers grown at the location's peony farm, and use the salt and seaweed scrub made straight from the ocean near the lodge. Rinse off in the outdoor shower before plunging into the cold ocean, relaxing in one of the lodge's two hot tubs, or steaming in the banya ("wood-fired sauna" in Russian).
- Reiki in the Wild: Get a Reiki treatment while lying on the moss forest floor. The energy healing technique uses gentle hand movements to guide the flow of healthy energy through the body to reduce stress and promote healing.
Best Time To Go: Summer season at Tutka Bay Lodge, which is from June 1 to September 30.
Price Range: Rates start at $8,415 per person for a 3-night experience with two helicopter excursions, all meals, guided activities and gear, yoga, cooking classes, wine pairings, and other lodge amenities.
Book at WithinTheWild.com.
Sensei Lanai, A Four Seasons Resort in Lanai, Hawaii
Sensei Lanai is offering a special experience with their adults-only, women-only Unbridled Retreat. During the special experience, which is slated for this summer, guests can benefit from clarity, mindfulness, and sustainable well-being with the help of internationally recognized Equine Gestalt Coach Devon Combs. During the four-night wellness retreat, guest will receive unique equine encounters, luxury meals at Sensei by Nobu, wellness credits for spa treatments, and wellness consultations.
There are also various daily activities to indulge in — like small group yoga and meditation classes, a sunset sail on a luxury catamaran, equine coaching sessions, and hands-on interactions with horses (which can also be healing). If you're not already familiar, equine therapy can help alter the way you see yourself, reveal pathways you didn’t know existed, and help you become your most courageous, authentic self.
Best Time To Go: The 2023 Unbridled Retreat will be offered from July 26 to 30, 2023.
Price Range: The Unbridled Retreat starts from $8,550 per person.
Book at FourSeasons.com.
Six Senses Ibiza in Ibiza, Spain
Rest, reset, and reconnect at this idyllic holistic resort tucked away in the secluded Xarraca Bay in Ibiza. Six Senses Ibiza offers a comprehensive range of world-class treatments, amenities and programs, farm-to-table dining, music, art, sustainable fashion, culture and, most importantly, wellness. This retreat's wellness experiences are inspired by the island’s natural energies and ethos to provoke meaningful moments of community, spirituality, and celebration.
Unique to the property is their RoseBar, an age-defying longevity center led by chief medical officer Dr. Mark Hyman, offering guests a holistic program that blends cutting-edge science and spirituality to improve your health and lengthen your lifespan.
Best Time To Go: Summer will be the best time to go, but the resort is open from March 30 through January.
Price Range: High-season starting price is around $1560 per night.
Book at SixSenses.com.
Stanford Inn in Mendocino, California
Stanford Inn, which is three hours north of San Francisco, offers both private wellness classes (complete with nutrition and healthy living programs, plant-based cooking, breathwork, meditation, gardening, guided hikes, massages, and yoga) and private vacation packages in which travelers are treated to a personal, intimate wellness retreat with a custom itinerary.
Visitors can also benefit from Stanford Inn's creative playshops, a unique offering that allows guests to tap into their own creativity and inner wisdom, using expressive techniques like collage, art making, writing, and role-playing.
On the grounds, guests can enjoy an indoor pool, jacuzzi, and sauna to aid in their relaxation, plus an award-winning restaurant, outrigger canoeing, mountain biking, private decks, organic garden, and other luxury amenities.
Best Time To Go: Stanford Inn recommends the off-season. Mendocino is nicest in the spring and fall, but you'll still get temperate weather in the winter and summer.
Price Range: $350 to $750 per night.
Book at StandfordInn.com.
Ysolt Usigan is a lifestyle writer and editor with 15+ years of experience working in digital media. She has created share-worthy content for publishers Shape, What To Expect, Cafe Mom, TODAY, CBS News, HuffPo, The Bump, Health, Ask Men, and Best Gifts. A working mom of two, her editorial expertise in parenting, shopping, and home are rooted in her everyday life.
50 Powerful Mental Health Quotes
Best Multivitamins for Women, According to Experts
30 Positive Affirmations for Mental Health
The 12 Best Hobbies for Retirees